Kirkwood Neighbors’ Organization: values and beliefs, mission and goals
Values and Beliefs:
- Leadership on community issues.
- Environmental stewardship.
- Preservation of historic integrity.
- Honest and Open Communication with respect for all views.
- Civic pride.
- Promotion of vested participation in Kirkwood.
- A right to a safe, clean and child friendly community.
- Preservation our neighborhood for future generations.
- Appreciation of social and intellectual diversity.
To promote the spirit of an intown neighborhood and a high quality of life for all residents of Kirkwood, regardless of race, age, religion, sexual orientation or economic status by empowering its residents through:
- Environmental Stewardship.
- Public Safety.
- Economic Development in accordance with the historic nature of Kirkwood and community standards.
- The application of public, private, social and economic resources to strengthen the community and create positive change.
- To increase the number of members, the level of their participation and community awareness of KNO.
- To educate our membership and the community at large by disseminating information regarding the neighborhood and city-wide issues and acting as a conduit between the community our local governments.
- To reclaim the physical environment, both natural and built.
- To preserve the residential and historic integrity of Kirkwood.
- To encourage economic development that complements the residential and historic character nature of Kirkwood.
- To encourage more personal and social interaction between neighbors and among other community entities.